[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: string-conversions-0.1

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Mar 9 12:40:27 CET 2012

Hi Sönke,

Am Freitag, den 09.03.2012, 11:17 +0100 schrieb Sönke Hahn:
> Any comments welcome.

you could elaborate the documenatation “Assumes UTF-8” – I guess this
only applies to the two ByteString variants, as String and Text _should_
contain unicode codepoints and no encoding. Not that someone tries to
use a String where each Char corresponds to a byte in a UTF-8 encoded
string and thinks he can convert it correctly.

I was about to suggest to merge this into the convertible package (to
fight package proliferation), but found that it seems it is already

Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
  mail at joachim-breitner.de  |  nomeata at debian.org  |  GPG: 0x4743206C
  xmpp: nomeata at joachim-breitner.de | http://www.joachim-breitner.de/