[Haskell-cafe] Summer of Code idea: Haskell Web Toolkit

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 23:12:08 CET 2012

My first impression on this is that it seems a little vague, but
possibly promising.

I'd make it clearer that you plan to contribute to the existing UHC
stuff.  A first glance left me with the impression that you wanted to
re-implement a JavaScript back end, which would of course be a
non-starter as a GSoC project.  Since the actual proposal is to work
on the build system and libraries surrounding the existing UHC back
end, I'd maybe suggest revising the proposal to be clearer about that,
and more specific about what parts of the current UHC compiler, build
system, and libraries you propose working on.