[Haskell-cafe] ANN: 11th GhentFPG Meeting Tuesday, 20th of March: Final Program

Jeroen Janssen jejansse at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 17:21:06 CET 2012

(apologies if you receive multiple postings)

Dear all,

The program and *new location* for the 11th GhentFPG meeting has been determined. The meeting will take place on Tuesday, the 20th of March at 19:30 in auditorium V1 of building S9 at Campus De Sterre (Krijgslaan 281, 9000 Gent). We will post signs at building S9 to guide you towards the auditorium.

The program is as follows:

1. Jasper Van der Jeugt: digestive-functors 0.3

Formlets are a way of building HTML forms that are type-safe, handle
errors, abstract and are easy to combine into bigger forms. I present
the digestive-functors library, a formlets implementation which solves
a number of issues with the original formlets library, such as
annotation of errors, labelling, and separation of the validation
model from the actual HTML output.

2. Jeroen Janssen: the typeclassopedia.

This is part of a new type of talks we are going to try with GhentFPG.
Each meeting we would like to introduce you to some of the important
papers in the world of FP. This meeting I am going to introduce you to the
brilliant "Typeclassopedia" paper. This paper, which originally appeared
in the monad reader issue 13, introduces many of the important typeclasses
in the Haskell standard library and explains how they are interrelated, both in
a formal fashion as in a practical fashion.

Hope to see you all there!

The GhentFPG Organizing Committee.