[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: Now Accepting Applications for Mentoring Organizations for GSoC 2012

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 22:50:49 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li> wrote:

> On 01/03/2012 21:37, Johan Tibell wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li
> > <mailto:ganesh at earth.li>> wrote:
> >
> >     FYI, Edward Kmett has volunteered to do it again.
> >

> > That's great since he's the most experienced GSoC admin we have. :)
> >
> > There's still room for a replacement for me. I had a few people show
> > interest so far.
>
> Maybe I'm confused about the roles, then. Were you co-admins previously,
> or something else?

Edward and I were co-admins last year. That worked out great in my opinion.

I want to make sure that we have at least one admin this year, otherwise we
won't get any GSoC slots this year, hence my original email. I didn't know
if Edward was interested or not. Now we have a few candidates, including
Edward. My preference is to have 2+ admins, preferably with Edward as one
of them as he has experience in the matter.

Sorry about the confusions.

Cheers,
  Johan