[Haskell-cafe] Martin Odersky on "What's wrong with Monads"

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 16:29:33 CEST 2012

The "problem" of monads is that it defines different execution models,
 besides the funcional,/lazy/declarative mode. There is no such problem in
imperative languages, which work ever in an hardwired IO monad. But this
means that the programmer has to code  the extra behaviour needed in each
application  to do the same.

I summarized this here:
http://haskell-web.blogspot.com.es/2012/06/intuitive-explanation-of-algorithms-in.html

It pretend to be intuitive, not accurate. (See disclaimer ;)  . Comments
welcome