[Haskell-cafe] The use of continuation monad in C++

Bartosz Milewski bartosz at fpcomplete.com
Fri Jun 22 02:40:29 CEST 2012

It's an interesting approach. Your Then constructor maps to my Bind object
more naturally than >>= does.

The main reason for using objects rather than functions (closures) in C++
is that the compiler may be able to optimize/inline more code. Closures are
not first class citizens in C++ -- they cannot be returned from functions
or stored in variables without being converted to clunky std::function.

BTW, I'm studying your reactive banana library trying to learn more about
FRP.

--Bartosz