[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE : Leksah 0.12.1.2 (fixes some metadata issues)

Hilco Wijbenga hilco.wijbenga at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 04:19:18 CEST 2012

On 20 June 2012 18:32, Albert Y. C. Lai <trebla at vex.net> wrote:
> On 12-06-20 07:59 PM, Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
>
>> hilco at centaur ~ ~$ rm -rf .cabal/
>
> I am not sure why you start with this.
>
> If you do this for a clean start, see my
> http://www.vex.net/~trebla/haskell/sicp.xhtml#remove
> for why it is not a clean start.

:-) Thank you for pointing that out. My purpose was indeed to start
over. I've also removed .ghc.

>> ... lots of output ...
>
> I think that is the informative part.

Yes, I suppose so. :-) In my feeble defence: initially there were no
errors. It wasn't until I tried --force-reinstalls that there was an
error reported (gtk2hsC2hs was not able to run). Even this error,
however, was well hidden. No different font, no different colour, no
ASCII art drawing attention to it, nothing. So I missed it the first
two times. If I had noticed it I would have known to include
.cabal/bin in my PATH (it's in the error message).

Cabal doesn't seem to believe in "fail early, fail loudly"? :-)