[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: set-monad

George Giorgidze giorgidze at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:02:35 CEST 2012

Hi Derek,

Thanks for clarifying your point.

You are right that (fromList . toList) = id is a desirable  and it
holds for Data.Set.

But your suggestions that this property does not hold for
Data.Set.Monad is not correct.

Please check out the repo, I have just pushed a quickcheck definition
for this property. With a little bit of effort, one can also prove
this by hand.

Let me also clarify that Data.Set.Monad exports Set as an abstract
data type (i.e., the user cannot inspect its internal structure). Also
the run function is only used internally and is not exposed to the
users.

Cheers, George