[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] JustHub 'Sherkin' Release

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki gtener at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 21:24:34 CEST 2012

To be honest I did try to use Nix for exactly this purpose. For some reason
things started to break and since I couldnt find any documentation on how
to do stuff with it, I just abandonded the idea. Also tried out NixOS:
pretty much the same story. Everything appears to be fine at the start, but
then after few upgrades things start to fail.

I know its very vague but really this is how I remember this experience.
For one thing there was lack of "how tos" related to Haskell stuff
anywhere. Just some general documentation that really have some gaps. You
end up digging up some implementation details just because you wanted to
install a new package.

I'm not trying to spread FUD: only telling my not-so-success story with Nix.

I'm sure Nix/NixOS has some potential but clearly it's not there yet for
some reason.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Skrzętnicki