[Haskell-cafe] Current uses of Haskell in industry?

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 14 02:19:39 CEST 2012

On 14 June 2012 02:00, Chris Smith <cdsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> It turns out I'm filling in for a cancelled speaker at a local open
> source user group, and doing a two-part talk, first on Haskell and
> then Snap.  For the Haskell part, I'd like a list of current places
> the language is used in industry.  I recall a few from Reddit stories
> and messages here and other sources, but I wonder if anyone is keeping
> a list.

The wiki goes without saying I suppose:
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_in_industry

We use it for web dev here at CREATE-NET. Two public facing sites:

http://confy.eai.eu/ -- For paper submission/review (like EasyChair).
About 17K lines of Haskell, 20K of JS (actually some pages are Haskell
compiled to JavaScript with my compiler). Couple hundred lines of
Java. It was supposed to be released open source last year but you
know what corporations are like.

http://eudl.eu/content -- A digital archive, like IEEEXplore or ACM
digital library. Not so big, about 11K lines of Haskell.

Both have lots of internal-only features, IEEE/ACM/Springer
communication stuff. Maybe I should add to the wiki list.

Ciao!