[Haskell-cafe] Is Repa suitable for boxed arrays?...

Stuart Hungerford stuart.hungerford at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 10:10:35 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have a newb-ish question about Haskell 2D arrays.

I need to construct a 2D array of a Haskell  data type ("boxed" ?)
where each array entry value depends on values "earlier" in the same
array (i.e. for entries in previous row/column indexes).

Repa (V3.1.4.2) looks very powerful and flexible but it's still not
clear to me that it will work with arbitrary values as I haven't been
able to get any of the Wiki tutorial array creation examples to work
(this is with Haskell platform 2012.2 pre-release for OS/X).

I can see I could also construct my own 2D array data structure from
Data.Vector instances. Are there any other approaches for general 2D
arrays I should be looking at?

Thanks,

Stu