[Haskell-cafe] IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE (4GB on Win64) ... any best practices??

Nick Rudnick nick.rudnick at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 31 18:58:16 CEST 2012

Dear Haskellers,

did anybody of you stumble about surprisingly having a 2GB memory limit on
Win64? I admit I didn't get it at once (just about to finish a complete
memcheck... ;-) -- but of course there already is a discussion of this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10743041/making-use-of-all-available-ram-in-a-haskell-program

Unfortunately, this left me a little stupid about how to actually get a
program running with IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE -- did anybody try this
successfully (or even not...) and has experience to share?

Usually a Linuxer, I am just about to begin exploring the possibilities of
Haskell on Windows, please forgive.

Thanks a lot advance, Nick