[Haskell-cafe] AI - machine learning

Chris Taylor crntaylor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 16:39:17 CEST 2012

miro <miroslav.karpis <at> gmail.com> writes:

>     Hi All, recently I started to take a look at haskell,
>       especially at AI. I can see some email addresses of interested
>       people there but not so much of other activity behind. Does it
>       exist some mailing group especially for AI?
>       Basically I'm interested in trying some machine learning
>       algorithms. Start with reinforcement learning and value-based),
>       and go towards AGI (Artificial General Intelligence). Does anybody
>       know about some already existing haskell approaches, or is there
>       anybody working on this?
>       Cheers,
>       m.

Hi Miro

For the past month or so I've been working through some of the algorithms in
Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach by Russell and Norvig, and
implementing them in Haskell. The code is available on github
(https://github.com/chris-taylor/aima-haskell), you may be interested in taking
a look. I haven't written any code for reinforcement learning yet, though I have
implemented value iteration and policy iteration for MDPs.

Chris