[Haskell-cafe] Current state of garbage collection in Haskell

Alexander Solla alex.solla at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 17:16:50 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 12:52 AM, C K Kashyap <ckkashyap at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was looking at a video that talks about GC pauses. That got me curious
> about the current state of GC in Haskell - say ghc 7.4.1.
> Would it suffer from lengthy pauses when we talk about memory in the range
> of 500M +?
> What would be a good way to keep abreast with the progress on haskell GC?
> Regards,
> Kashyap

Have you read the latest GHC manual pages?[1]  It has a list of options,
suggestions, gotchas, etc.  I haven't read the GHC specific mailing lists,
but cvs-ghc sounds like where you might get real-time updates.

[1](
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/users_guide/runtime-control.html#rts-options-gc
)