[Haskell-cafe] haskell.org is so fragile

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Thu Jul 12 23:04:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 12/07/2012 13:06, Takayuki Muranushi wrote:
> Today I have observed that hackage.haskell.org/ timeout twice (in the
> noon and in the evening.)
>
> What is the problem? Is it that haskell users have increased so that
> haskell.org is overloaded? That's very good news.
> I am eager to donate some money if it requires server reinforcement.

The issue is unfortunately more to do with sysadmin resources than
server hardware; there's noone with the time to actively manage the
server and make sure that it's running well. Any ideas for improving the
situation would be gratefully received.

Today there were some problems with some processes taking up a lot of
resources. One of the problems was the hackage search script, which has
been disabled for now.

Cheers,

Ganesh