[Haskell-cafe] Linking against Sqlite3 on Windows problem

Joey Adams joeyadams3.14159 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 05:37:40 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 3:56 AM, Eugene Dzhurinsky <jdevelop at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I created simple application, which uses sqlite3 as it's datastore back-end. I
> faced no problems when building and running it on Linux, but after I tried to
> build it on Windows, I see weird linking error:

You could use the bundled sqlite3.c instead:

    cabal install --flags=builtin-sqlite3

Unfortunately, the sqlite3 package currently ships with a very old
version of sqlite3.c (version 3.5.9).  I submitted a bug report:

    https://github.com/GaloisInc/sqlite/issues/1

Until a fix is pushed, you can try downloading the latest sqlite3.c
yourself, and placing it at sqlite3.6/sqlite3.c .  I don't know if you
will encounter any compatibility issues or not.

Hope this helps,
-Joey