[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: control-monad-loop 0.1

Joey Adams joeyadams3.14159 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:29:43 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Roman Cheplyaka <roma at ro-che.info> wrote:
> Very nice!
>
> Here's a patch to generalize foreach to any Foldable:
> https://github.com/joeyadams/haskell-control-monad-loop/pull/1

Thanks for the patch!  I merged it, but I plan to wait a little while
before uploading another release to Hackage.  This changes the
signature of an existing function, so I'll have to bump the major
version number.

> Also, it's not obvious how your tests work. Please consider using HUnit
> and test-framework (or similar) to organize them.

The tests currently aren't automated.  It's hard to write an automated
test to make sure a program doesn't leak.  Not impossible (thanks to
GHC.Stats), but hard.

Thanks for pointing out test-framework, though.

-Joey