[Haskell-cafe] [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Sifflet visual programming language, release

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Sat Jul 7 09:58:39 CEST 2012

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012, gdweber at iue.edu wrote:

> Sifflet and sifflet-lib, now available on Hackage!
> This version introduces a type checker and partial support
> for higher order functions in Sifflet, the visual, functional
> programming language and support system for students learning
> about recursion.

You have implemented your own type-checker, right? I plan to add a
type-checker to our live-sequencer project. [1] So far I have thought
about using the Helium type checker but I have not done it so far. If you
want to make your type-checker useful for other projects, you may put it
into a separate package without the hard to install dependencies on cairo
and glib.

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXywCHR9WwE