[Haskell-cafe] TCP Server

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Tue Jan 31 11:40:57 CET 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Jean-Marie Gaillourdet
<jmg at gaillourdet.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 27.01.2012, at 00:47, Alexander V Vershilov wrote:
>> Recently I asked about tcp server libraries [1] and there was only one
>> answer haskell-scallable-server [2], but in that package there was some
>> dependencies and server logic that are not good for my task.
>
> A simple search for "server" on Hackage turned up the following packages for somewhat generic server infrastructure:
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/iterio-server
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/generic-server
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/c10k
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/network-server
>
> In issue 19 of The Monad Reader is an article discussing the design of the following web server:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/mighttpd2
>
> This links might be relevant to your original question.

I just pushed a new version of network-conduit[1] that adds a
light-weight TCP server/client interface. It's very similar to how
Warp it structured (which is the underlying engine for mighttpd2). I
put together a simple example of a server[2] that simply echos back
whatever you send it, and a client[3] that sends a Fibonacci every
second. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Michael

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/network-conduit . Sorry,
Haddocks haven't generated yet
[2] https://github.com/snoyberg/conduit/blob/master/network-conduit/echo-server.hs