[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] biostockholm 0.2

Felipe Almeida Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 11:24:03 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Felipe Almeida Lessa
<felipe.lessa at gmail.com> wrote:
>  - Fast enough: the streaming interface achieves 12 MiB/s for parsing,
> which is pretty nice considering that there are some known overheads
> on its implementation.

I've just released biostockholm 0.2.1 which uses conduit 0.2.  Now the
streaming interface achieves 31 MiB/s when parsing Rfam 9.1's full
data on my computer, which is a 2.6x increase in performance!  Kudos
to Michael Snoyman who squashed the biggest "known overhead" that I've
mentioned above on this new conduit 0.2 release.

Cheers! =)

--
Felipe.