[Haskell-cafe] strict version of Haskell - does it exist?

Alexander Bernauer alex-haskell at copton.net
Mon Jan 30 10:52:43 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 11:25:09PM +0100, Ertugrul Söylemez wrote:
> First of all, /learning/ to optimize Haskell can be difficult.  The
> optimizing itself is actually fairly easy in my experience, once you
> understand how the language works.

Given the fact that you have obviously mastered the learning part of
this, do you have any recommendations on what to read or on how to
proceed in order to learn how to optimize Haskell code?

I can imagine, it's not only about understanding the language itself,
but also about understanding how your compiler and its switches work,
being able to find the hot spots in your code, being able to measure the
effects of your changes, developing a good sense for the tradeoffs, etc.

So far, I have only stumpled upon chapter 25 of Real World Haskell.
Anything else you might recommend?

regards

Alex