[Haskell-cafe] TCP Server

Felipe Almeida Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 13:21:59 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Jean-Marie Gaillourdet
<jmg at gaillourdet.net> wrote:
> But it does try to solve the problem, doesn't it? Obviously conduit is an alternative to the iteratee-like packages. Why else would Yesod replace enumerator by conduit? That is the reason why I added it into my list of iteratee-like packages.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your message. I read your e-mail as
though you were saying that the choice between these libraries has
only to do with your taste, and your taste will decide the other
libraries with which yours may interoperate.  This may be true between
iteratee, enumerator and iterIO (module some specific features of each
one of them), but that's not true for pipes (since it doesn't handle
IO at all right now) and conduit (since it has a different concept
despite having the same goal).

Cheers, =)

--
Felipe.