[Haskell-cafe] Haskellers in Delhi, India

Anupam Jain ajnsit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:58:52 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Sean Leather <leather at cs.uu.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:21, Anupam Jain wrote:
>>
>> Are there any haskellers in Delhi or nearby areas interested in a
>> meetup? I've been dabbling in Haskell for a long time
>

> I'm not in India, but I am curious about the use of Haskell or other FP
> languages for teaching/research there. Do you (or does anyone else) happen
> to know which schools have courses that teach/use FP/Haskell?

I don't have a formal CS degree and I don't really know how popular
Haskell/FP is in the academia here. I do suspect that Scheme would be
a lot more popular than Haskell or any other FPL.

However, I recall Piyush from IITK recently posting on the Yesod list.
A quick google search reveals that he teaches a Haskell FP course -
http://www.cse.iitk.ac.in/users/ppk/teaching/cs653/.

Thanks,
Anupam Jain