[Haskell-cafe] bindings for libvirt

Ilya Portnov portnov at iportnov.ru
Tue Jan 24 06:26:05 CET 2012

On 16 янв, 03:27, Michael Litchard <mich... at schmong.org> wrote:
> Due to the direction things are going at work, I have become
> interested in Haskell bindings forlibvirt. Noticed that this hasn't
> been done yet. I was wondering if this was due to lack of motivation,
> or if there were some difficult hurdles withlibvirtthat make the
> project cost-prohibitive. If it's the former, I don't see a problem
> proceeding with exploration. If it's the latter, I'd like to know what
> the hurdles are.

Hello.

For my current projects, i'd also like to have bindings to libvirt. I
even started to write something for them, using c2hs. If someone is
interested, i could put my current (very basic) code to, say, github…

Seems there will no big problems, but libvirt API is not so small, so
it'll take time to write full bindings.

WBR, Ilya Portnov.