[Haskell-cafe] GLFW-0.5.0.0 is released

Paul Liu ninegua at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 08:46:25 CET 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Jason Dagit <dagitj at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 4. There is an outstanding bug preventing GLFW programs to be invoked
>> from GHCi on OS X. One has to compile before running GLFW programs.
>
> Does it still happen with -fno-ghci-sandbox?  That fixes these sort of
> bugs with GLFW-b (and other libraries).  If so, then the cause of the
> problem is the use of thread local storage in the vendor APIs (OpenGL
> on OSX is an example).

Thanks for the tips! As I'm testing now, ghci -fno-ghci-sandbox only
seems to work with dynamically linked libraries, i.e., with GLFW-b, or
GLFW installed with "--flags dynamic". Statically compiled GLFW C
library would still give the "__NSCFString autoreleased with no pool
in place" error.

--
Regards,
Paul Liu