[Haskell-cafe] Compiling dph package with ghc-7.4.0.20111219

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 18:58:36 CET 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 12:50, mukesh tiwari
<mukeshtiwari.iiitm at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Brandon
> Thank you for reply. Could you please tell me how to install dph
> because cabal install is not working with ghc-7.4.0.20111219 and I
> have issue with ghc-7.2.1 and dph

Sorry, but I don't know.  I don't follow or use DPH, I just know how the
GHC repo works, and that they had a problem with including additional
library sub-repos which just happened to include (probably out of date,
since DPH is developed separately) DPH libraries.  As such, I would not
expect DPH to be included in the official 7.4 release unless the DPH folks
submit an updated version (and probably not even then since GHC is in the
release candidates phase, so it's a bit too late to add a newer DPH into
it).