[Haskell-cafe] named pipe interface

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 18:41:59 CET 2012

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 11:57, Donn Cave <donn at avvanta.com> wrote:

> I don't know.  When I was younger, I used to track these problems down
> and try to explain in detail why buffered I/O is a bad bet with pipes,
> sockets etc.  I don't think anyone listened.  I think I am going to
> experiment with "I am old, so listen to me" and see if it works any better.

If nothing else, you can transfer one of those explanations into the wiki
and point people to it when it comes up.  (Nobody pays attention to stuff
not directly affecting them.  This is annoying but somewhat understandable,
especially given that haskell-cafe tends toward information overload /
death by a thousand mathematical constructs :)