[Haskell-cafe] How to terminate the process group of a process created with createProcess?

André Scholz andre.scholz at uni-bremen.de
Thu Jan 12 18:58:40 CET 2012

Hello,

On 12.01.2012 at 17:00 Brandon Allbery wrote:

> I need to go look at the implementation of System.Process, though; the
> documentation strongly implies that (a) it already creates a process group,

System.Process-1.1.0.0 introduces the new field "create_group :: Bool" in the
datatype CreateProcess, which ensures that the process (and its children) is
spawned in an new process group.

> but the documentation for interruptProcessGroupOf is correct.  Maybe that
> function will work for you?

This function is also in System.Process-1.1.0.0 and does indeed, what i want
to do!

> In any case, I would not mix System.Process and System.Posix.Process.  I'd
> probably use the latter, but that's because it's closer to what I'm used to
> as a Unix/SVID/POSIX programmer.

I thought so, but the means justified the ends (for me , in this case). But now
i don't need System.Posix.Process at all, since all i need is provided by the
new System.Process-1.1.0.0.

Thank you for pointing out the function "interruptProcessGroupOf" which lead
me to this new version of System.Process.

Kind regards,
André