[Haskell-cafe] Well-Typed are hiring: Haskell consultant

Andres Löh andres at well-typed.com
Thu Jan 12 14:08:43 CET 2012

In order to keep up with customer demand, we are looking to hire a
Haskell expert to work with us at Well-Typed
(http://www.well-typed.com/) as a Haskell consultant.

This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about
Haskell and who is keen to improve and promote Haskell in a
professional context.

The role is quite general and could cover any of the projects and
activities that we are involved in as a company. The tasks may
involve:

* working on the Haskell compilers, libraries and tools;
* Haskell application development;
* working directly with clients to solve their problems.

Well-Typed has a variety of clients. For some we do proprietary
Haskell development and consulting. For others, much of the work
involves open-source development and cooperating with the rest of the
Haskell community: the commercial, open-source and academic users.

At the moment, we are running the Parallel GHC Project
(http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Parallel_GHC_Project/). It is
likely that initial tasks will have some connection with parallel
and/or concurrent programming in Haskell. We are also doing quite a
bit of GHC maintenance, and some knowledge or interest in compiler
internals, operating systems, the foreign language interface, and/or
deployment issues would be welcome.

Our ideal candidate has excellent knowledge of Haskell, whether from
industry, academia, or personal interest. Familiarity with other
languages, low-level programming, and good software engineering
practices are also useful.  Good organisation and ablity to manage
your own time, and reliably meet deadlines, is important. You are
likely to have a batchelor's degree or higher in computer science or a
related field, although this isn't a requirement. Experience of
consulting, or running a business, is also a bonus.

The position is initially as a contractor for one year with a salary
of 150 GBP per day. We offer flexible hours and work from home. Living
in England is not required.

In the longer term there is the opportunity to become a member of the
partnership with a full stake in the business: being involved in
business decisions, and fully sharing the risks and rewards.

If you are interested, please apply via info at well-typed.com. Tell us
why you are interested and why you would be a good fit for the job,
and attach your CV. Please also indicate when you might be able to
start. We are more than happy to answer informal enquiries. Contact
Duncan Coutts, Ian Lynagh or Andres Löh
(http://www.well-typed.com/who_we_are/) for further information,
either by email or IRC.

The deadline for applications is Friday 27th January 2012.

== About Well-Typed

Well-Typed LLP is a Haskell services company, providing consultancy
services, writing bespoke applications, and offering commercial
training in Haskell and related topics.

--
Andres Löh, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP, http://www.well-typed.com