[Haskell-cafe] When will constraint kinds roll out?

Nicholas Tung ntung at ntung.com
Tue Jan 10 20:04:40 CET 2012

Just a quick, logistical question: I see constraint kinds didn't make it to
GHC 7.2.2; does anyone have guesses when the extension will roll out in an
official release? Our research team is interested in using Haskell for an
EDSL, and having both constraint kinds and access to all of the libraries
on Hackage would be optimal. (I've been writing an EDSL with monad
transformers and the rmonad package myself, but think it is too difficult
and cumbersome if we are to use Haskell EDSL approaches more broadly).

Thanks in advance,
Nicholas — https://ntung.com — 4432-nstung