[Haskell-cafe] [web-devel] [ANNOUNCE] First release of crypto-conduit

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Sun Jan 8 14:34:31 CET 2012

On 01/08/2012 04:12 AM, Aristid Breitkreuz wrote:
> Why? I don't actually need the hash object for anything, usually. All
> I need is the ByteString, and then I need to learn how to use the
> cereal package to get it...
The whole rationale i believe, is having meaningful types associated to your
values so that the type checker can do its job. i.e. you don't start mixing a
hash (in binary form) and a random piece of file.

My only problem with the Serialize instance, is that dependencies (cereal in
this case) trickle through to the user of the API, which would be solved by
Thomas' suggestion.

--
Vincent