[Haskell-cafe] haxr standalone server?

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:56:43 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Johannes Waldmann
<waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:
> How could I use haxr (http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/HaXR)
> to build a stateful server?
>
> It should listen on some port,
> and fork threads (inside Haskell land) to handle incoming calls.
> Any of the Haskell web frameworks can do this?
>
> I guess this is the same question as:
> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2009-December/071185.html

Pretty much any of the Haskell web frameworks listen on a port, accept
HTTP requests and fork a new GHC thread into a handler. I'm more
familiar with the Happstack/Snap approach to writing handlers
(although the Snap approach is evolving away from Happstack), and a
lot of people have good luck with Yesod.

Happstack crash course: http://happstack.com/docs/crashcourse/index.html
Snap quickstart: http://snapframework.com/docs/quickstart
Installing and starting yesod in five minutes:
http://www.yesodweb.com/page/five-minutes

In particular, I know that the folks working on yesod have spent a lot
of time on documentation.

Antoine