[Haskell-cafe] ANN: network-socket-options 0.1

Joey Adams joeyadams3.14159 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 19:26:13 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:56 AM, L Corbijn <aspergesoepje at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Joey Adams <joeyadams3.14159 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I released network-socket-options 0.2, adding setSocketTimeouts and
>> setHandleTimeouts.  I'll post an announcement in a separate thread
>> once the Haddock documentation is generated.
>>
>> -Joey

> Hi Joey,
>
> Seeing the large number of getters and setters in this package I was
> wondering if it might be improved by using 'StateVar's from the
> StateVar package.
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/StateVar
>
> Lars
>
> P.S. It does mention OpenGL (where it's actively used), but replacing
> that with 'socket' makes the description seem to fit rather well.

Copying to the mailing list.

Thanks for pointing out StateVar.  However, setSocketOption and
getSocketOption (or variants taking raw Fds or GHC FDs) will not have
a class for socket options to abstract over.  It'd be nicer to see a
list of settable options under the SetSockOpt class, and a list of
gettable options under the GetSockOpt class.

-Joey