[Haskell-cafe] "Best" FRP package for newbie

Edward Amsden eca7215 at cs.rit.edu
Fri Feb 17 17:27:13 CET 2012

I got started in FRP with Yampa, and I currently "maintain" Animas,
which is a fork. AFAIK no one is really doing much with either
anymore. Yampa and Animas are both messy both in implementation and
the exposed interface. I did start with Yampa, but it was incredibly
frustrating because the abstraction is very leaky and thus things
often don't work as you'd expect. The only real changes to Animas are
the addition of some primitives for evaluation when you don't want a
tight loop.

I'm currently writing a Masters thesis on FRP which will hopefully
result in a much nicer signal function library, but of course you
don't want to wait that long. What I can offer though is to try to
answer any questions you might have as you're exploring FRP.

Netwire and reactive-banana both sound like good choices, though I
haven't really toyed much with either of them so I can't really make a
firm recommendation.