[Haskell-cafe] GSoc-2012: Lock-free Data Structures

Sergiu Ivanov unlimitedscolobb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 21:45:37 CET 2012

Hello,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 5:40 AM, Ryan Newton <rrnewton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in mentoring any projects related to concurrent data
> structure implementation.  Is it too late to propose new projects?
>
>  http://parfunk.blogspot.com/2012/02/potential-gsoc-haskell-lock-free-data.html

This project idea sounds very cool to me :-) Could you please suggest
a starting point in approaching it?  I cannot view the article [0],
since I don't have an active ACM subscription.

I've seen the link [1], so, probably, I could contribute some patches
to it?

I'm not sure whether this is good, but this is not the first project
idea that grabs my attention, so, frankly, my principal goal now would
be getting the hang of it.  Had I had the time, I would have tried to
contribute to all Haskell libraries I like (sigh)

Sergiu

[0] http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2011/3/105308-data-structures-in-the-multicore-age/

[1] https://github.com/rrnewton/haskell-lockfree-queue