[Haskell-cafe] Test suite sections of cabal

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Thu Feb 16 03:56:27 CET 2012

Hello,

I recently started using test suite sections of cabal but it soon
appeared very inconvenient to me.

1) test data files

  If I want to include test data files into package, I have to
  enumerate all test files since the usage of '*' is restricted.
  I just want to specify the top directory of test data files.

  Why does this restriction exist?

2) build-dependency

  I need to repeat all build-dependency of a library section to
  a test suite section. Specifying the library itself to
  build-dependency of a test suite section does not work.
  This violates the DRY philosophy.

  Any ideas to avoid this?

Thanks.

--Kazu