[Haskell-cafe] Hackage 2 maintainership

Casey McCann cam at uptoisomorphism.net
Tue Feb 14 02:05:36 CET 2012

On 02/13/2012 06:44 PM, Ben Gamari wrote:
> I currently have a running installation on my personal machine and
> things seem to be working as they should. On the whole, installation was
> quite trivial, so it seems likely that the project is indeed at a point
> where it can take real use (although a "logout" option in the web
> interface would make testing a bit easier).

I'm not certain that this is the case, honestly. It's very close, to be
sure, but there are enough rough edges and possible concerns that I
think it'll need some polishing before it's ready for full use.

At any rate, I had independently decided to start tinkering with the
Hackage 2 codebase after being frustrated at the lack of progress. I
have a publicly-accessible instance running at
http://hackage2.uptoisomorphism.net:8080/ that's currently pretty empty,
but I'll be doing at least a partial mirror of Hackage onto it in the
near future as well as some hacking on the code. Feel free to check it
out but please don't do anything too abusive to the server.

I've also uploaded the hackage2 source to my GitHub at the urging of
people on IRC, which should make it easier for more people to get the
code and hack on it if they feel inspired:
https://github.com/isomorphism/hackage2

- C.