[Haskell-cafe] Subject: A universal data store interface

Tom Murphy amindfv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 20:30:33 CET 2012

     With respect, I don't think that Persistent is a natural choice
as the go-to tool for Haskell users, simply because it requires
knowledge of a lot of Yesod-EDSL syntax.
     The set of users with persistent data needs seems a very
different set than that of those who are familiar with Yesod, and I
think the syntax is quite confusing without fuller understanding of
Yesod.

     The syntax of acid-state (not familiar with this one), and
swapper (https://github.com/roman-smrz/swapper/blob/master/test/) seem
to have a much more linear learning curve for an intermediate Haskell
user.

amindfv / Tom