[Haskell-cafe] Error in installing dph-examples on Mac OS X 10.7.3

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 21:37:31 CET 2012

ok, this is because i think you need a stand alone LLVM backend because ghc
7.4 provides some vectorization stuff that
dph uses, and  so i'd suggest installing llvm on its own, or maybe its that
dph calls llvm tools as its compliling?

eg
brew install llvm

because if you look in cabal file
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/dph-examples/0.6.1.3/dph-examples.cabal
you'll see that the build's have the -fllvm flag, and llvm as a standalone
backend isn't installed by developer tools or anything else you ahve