[Haskell-cafe] [Yesod] Re: Yesod and dependencies hell

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Thu Feb 9 12:39:03 CET 2012

As somebody who has very recently started working with Yesod -- I feel your pain!

In truth Yesod is a huge bundle of packages, many of which aren't managed by the Yesod developers. I get the impression that they work very hard to keep everything coherent while Yesod continues its very active development. I think it is quite a miracle that it fits together so well under the circumstances and I am quite in awe of the whole development.

You seem to have been unlucky (3 days!) but I have found it to be worth it -- you eventually get an amazing platform.

(I do think that we could be delivering the tools with a little more packaging that could significantly help with these situations. I have found them to be highly useful in any case.)

Chris