[Haskell-cafe] how to print out intermediate results in a recursive function?

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Sat Feb 4 18:39:43 CET 2012

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 01:17:31AM -0600, Qi Qi wrote:
> Brilliant! That's what I was looking for. Thanks for all the replies.
>
> Sometimes, I suspect that Haskell not only makes easier of the hard things for
> imperative programming languages but also makes harder of some easy
> things.

This is true.  But usually these are things that you don't *want* to
be easy, like shooting yourself in the kidney. (But these features are
often described in ways that make them sound great, like "flexible
usage of bullet-placement tools".)  Inserting arbitrary print
statements into the middle of some code is difficult for a reason.

-Brent