[Haskell-cafe] Cabal-1.10.1.0 and bytestring-0.9.2.1 hackage problem.

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 11:53:15 CET 2012

>> Same workaround as last time works
>
> I.e:
>
>  tar -f ~/.cabal/packages/hackage.haskell.org/00-index.tar --delete bytestring/0.9.2.1

This will only work until the next 'cabal update', right? Does anyone
have a better workaround?

> This is the cabal-install shipped with Ubuntu 12.04 (i.e. the unreleased
> beta, which will become the new LTS in April), so buggy or not, it ought
> not to be broken if we can avoid it.  I've filed a bug:

It's also the cabal-install shipped with Ubuntu 11.10, i.e. the
current version that everyone uses. So it would be nice if the
offending version could also be removed from hackage or something
similar to prevent this problem for everyone.

Erik