[Haskell-cafe] The State of Testing?

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Fri Feb 3 01:19:35 CET 2012

On 3 February 2012 06:30, Michael Craig <mkscrg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm comfortable writing tests in QuickCheck and HUnit and bundling them as
> optional executables with cabal, but I understand there's a better
> way. Specifically, I'm looking at the test-framework package and cabal's
> (newish) test-suite sections. Are these two used together or each to the
> exclusion of the other? Is there something else I should be using?

I've followed what Johan Tibbell did in the hashable package:

http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/hashable/1.1.2.2/hashable.cabal

You can see that it depends on test-framework and
test-framework-quickcheck2 packages, and uses these in a cabal
Test-suite stanza.

It works pretty well for me (in zoom-cache). Note that you need to
"cabal configure --enable-tests" before building your package and
running "cabal test".

cheers,

Conrad.