[Haskell-cafe] The State of Testing?

Michael Craig mkscrg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 23:30:38 CET 2012

I've been picking up Haskell as a side project for the last few months, and
I'm now considering publishing some useful code I've written and reused in
several small projects. So far I've done relatively little with testing
(these have been non-mission-critical applications) but I feel I should get
my act together before pushing my work into the common ecosystem.

I'm comfortable writing tests in QuickCheck and HUnit and bundling them as
optional executables with cabal, but I understand there's a better
way. Specifically, I'm looking at the test-framework package and cabal's
(newish) test-suite sections. Are these two used together or each to the
exclusion of the other? Is there something else I should be using?

Cheers,
Mike Craig