[Haskell-cafe] ANN: combinatorics

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Wed Feb 1 08:14:14 CET 2012

On 1/31/12 8:58 AM, Jean-Marie Gaillourdet wrote:
> A slight variation on that approach is to use implicit parameters to parameterize your functions by the primes. Something allong the following lines:

That is another option. However, implicit parameters are GHC-only and
seldom used even in GHC. The RTS-hacking I mentioned in the announcement
would also be GHC-only, which is part of the reason I'd prefer to find a
non-cumbersome way of dealing with the issue purely. As it stands the
library is Haskell98 (with some trivial CPP to make the Haddocks pretty)
and it'd be nice to stay that way.

--
Live well,
~wren