[Haskell-cafe] lambda case (was Re: A big hurray for lambda-case (and all the other good stuff))

Dan Burton danburton.email at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 22:09:06 CET 2012

My 2 cents on the issue:

We should have a better forms of meta-programming to solve this sort of
issue generally. With the power of first-class functions and laziness, we
can get away with a lot of things without meta-programming, but case
expression syntax is not first class, so cannot benefit from the
flexibility proffered to the rest of the language.

tl;dr give me easily extensible syntax, rather than having to run to GHC
devs every time I want a new or different flavor of sugar.

-- Dan Burton