[Haskell-cafe] Troubles with DLLs

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Fri Dec 21 21:08:43 CET 2012

L.S.,

I am having troubles with DLLs; my application (Haskell, C and C++) gives
several messages about DLLs not being found. I added these one by one to
the current directory. At a certain point there are just error messages
about null pointers and "Segmentation fault/access violation in generated
code". When I try to load my application in GHCi, I get more messages
about missing DLLs, up to a point where GHCi refuses to load a library
because of an unknown section (a bug to be solved in GHC 7.6.2). (Several
other programs have the same problem.)

Now I am still stuck with a null pointer error message.
1) How can I find out which DLLs my application needs (and which
package/library is to blame for it) and
2) how can I find the error location when the crash occurs in C/C++ code
(it might be something else than a missing DLL of course)?

My system:
Windows XP + MinGW/MSYS
Haskell platform 2012.4.0.0

The application uses wxHaskell.