[Haskell-cafe] GHC shows wrong line number in error?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 19:27:03 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 3:47 AM, Niklas Hambüchen <mail at nh2.me> wrote:

>       `b' is a rigid type variable bound by
>           a type expected by the context: TestG b at Clean.hs:49:23

It might be worth rephrasing this error message somehow, although I suspect
it's written to fit into existing error reporting machinery that's not easy
to adapt to fit the situation:  the location is not referring to "TestG b",
but to "a type" on line 49, which is expected/"generated" by the context
TestG b established previously.  You have to read pretty closely to figure
that out, though.