[Haskell-cafe] Cabal: Retrieve directory in which binaries get installed

Björn Peemöller bjp at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Mon Dec 17 11:05:52 CET 2012

Hello cafe,

I'd like to retrieve the path in which binaries get installed when I
`cabal install` a package.

Normally, this would be ~/.cabal/bin on my Linux, but since I share my
home folder on two architectures, in ~/.cabal/config I set the
user-install prefix to ~/.cabal/$arch, so binaries get installed to
~/.cabal/$arch/bin.

I have the feeling that it should be rather simple to retrieve the
FilePath from the Cabal API, does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Björn