[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Haskell bindings for the igraph C library

Nils Schweinsberg mail at nils.cc
Sun Dec 16 18:53:15 CET 2012

Hi Haskellers, dear igraph community,

I am pleased to announce the release of our (inofficial) Haskell
bindings to the igraph C library. igraph is a powerfull library for
creating and manipulating directed, undirected and weighted graphs. Our
package offers a complete coverage of all functions on structural
properties of graphs.

Compared to the official packages for R and Python it is the first
library that offers type level distinction between directed/undirected
and weighted graphs. Haskells type system allows to keep track of the
types of your nodes and whether or not your graph and its edges are
directed or undirected, weighted or unweighted.

Haskell graphs may contain any Haskell value as node values, kind of
similar to Pythons attributes.

igraph on hackage, the official package database for Haskell:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/igraph (requires the current
igraph-0.6 C library)

The official igraph website: http://igraph.sourceforge.net/index.html

Until hackage generates the haddock documentation, the documentation is
also available at: http://hs.nils.cc/igraph-0.1/html/index.html

Any feedback is appreciated,

- Nils Schweinsberg
- George Giorgidze